Life Insurance Paramed / MD Preparation
Success Begins With Preparedness...
What is a Paramed / MD exam?
It allows the insurance company to perform a comprehensive evaluation of your health. A medically trained professional will perform a personal interview of your medical history, a recording of your height and weight, blood pressure and pulse. The exam will also include the collection of blood, urine and an EKG depending on the insurance company’s requirements. An MD exam is a bit more comprehensive and performed by a doctor.
Where is the exam performed and how long does it take?
The exam will be at your convenience performed at your home, workplace or a location of your choice. Depending on your individual medical history, please allow 30-45 minutes for the exam and medical history, blood and urine collection and EKG if needed.
In order to obtain an accurate and optimal result, it is recommended you:
- Fast 8 hours prior to your appointment
- Have your valid Picture ID for Identification
- Limit salt and high-cholesterol foods 24 hours prior to exam
- Avoid strenuous exercise 12 hours prior to exam
- Refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages 12 hours prior to exam
- Limit caffeine and nicotine 1 hour prior to exam
- Drink a glass of water 1 hour prior to the exam
- Provide names and dosages of current medications
- Provide name, address and phone number of doctors who prescribe medications
- Have the names, address and phone numbers for any doctors seen in last 10 years
- Advise the examiner of any issues with the exam or collecting of fluids